Updated: Mar 29, 2019
Microblading or SPMU Dilemma,
Both are very versatile treatment and have different purposes.
As it is a treatment that has changed so much over the years, and also some clients are not sure on the difference of Microblading compared to Semi Permanent make up, SPMU and Microblading are different, and one treatment may suit one client better than another.
Microblading is a tattooing technique in which a small handheld tool made up of several tiny needles is used to add permanent pigment to the skin. Microblading differs from standard eyebrow tattooing because each hairstroke is created by hand producing a thin, natural looking line that blends in with existing eyebrow hair, whereas, with eyebrow tattoos it is still done with a machine and needle often producing thicker, less natural lines that tend to expand over time. It is typically used on eyebrows to attempt to either create, enhance or reshape the appearance of the eyebrows. Microblading deposits pigment into upper region of the dermis, so it fades more rapidly than traditional tattooing techniques, which deposit pigment deeper into the dermis.
If your looking for a more HD look SPMU can create this as it is slightly more versatile, with powder or ombre being able to be achieved.
Who is best candidates
- So young skin is perfect for either and there is enough elasticity in the skin.
- Greasy skin is only really good for semi permanent make up as the grease pushes pigment out.
- Older lined skin, semi permanent make up works better, as you will get a more flattering result.
- Previous treatments, semi permanent make up or removal microblading would not improve the appearance.
- Clients with no brow hair, either treatment would be ok, but it would depend on your skin.
- Semi permanent make up will do full face make up whereas microblading will just be brows.
-You can expect to get about 6 months of retention from microblading whereas semi permanent make up, usually upto 18 month before getting a booster.
With all treatments, you would always receive a full consultation, and you are advise full on what work best for you.
Cosmetic tattooing is a bespoke treatment and what works for one person may not work for another.
More people have heard about microblading as it has caused a hype, but really they are both the same treatment, and have pro's and con's to either.
Speaking to a technician about either of the treatments, is best to ensure you get the best advise and choose the right treatment.